Sweet Potato Puree
2 each Sweet Potatoes
1 Tablespoon Garlic crushed
1/2 Teaspoon Ginger, Ground
2 Teaspoons Sage, Ground
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Cups Chicken Broth
8 Ounces Yogurt, Greek, Plain, Nonfat
2 Tablespoon Garlic powder
2 Cups Onion, Red, cut julienne
1/4 Cup Vinegar, Cider
1/2 Teaspoon Herb, coriander, ground
1 1/2 Tablespoons Molasses, Blackstrap
1/2 cup Water
Radicchio and Grilled Corn Salad
1 Each Greens, Radicchio
2 Each Corn, Yellow, Sweet, Cob
2 Tablesppons Chipolte flavors oil
16 ounces Steak NY Strip (4 ounces per serving)
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes to 1/2 inch cubes and place in bowl
- Add garlic, ginger, sage and olive oil and toss till coated
- Place on sprayed sheet pan and place in 400 degree oven for approx 15 minutes or until potatoes are browned.
- When done, place potatoes in blender with yogurt and half of the chicken stock. Blend until smooth adding more stock if necessary
- In small pan add vinegar, molasses, coriander, garlic powder, and water. Bring to boil
- Add onions and reduce to simmer. Let onions poach until they are tender and liquid is reduced by at least half. These will be pretty pungent, but combined with the beef the flaors really come together
- Shuck corn and place on hot grill. Keep on grill till all sides have a nice char on them. Time will vary depending on your grill. Once done let cool and then cut kernals off of the cob and place in bowl
- Cut radiccio in half and remove core. Then cut into ribbon like strips. Place in bowl with corn and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toss with chipolte oil just to coat. You can use extra virgin olive oil and add chipolte seasong as a substitute .
- Grill steak to your liking. Medium rare is my pereferd temperature (115 degree internal temp) Let rest for about 5 minutes prior to slicing
- Slice steak and place on plate over salad and top with onions. Serve with sweet potato puree on the side.