Ok so maybe not the healthiest of my recipes, but healthier than other options. This is a tailgating favorite or just on Any Given Sunday! I cook this on my portable griddle in the parking lot. You can do it in a sauté pan at home.
2 Chicken breast sliced thinly across the breasts. This can be easily done when the breasts are partially frozen.
1 Red pepper sliced julienne
2 Italian banana peppers (you can get spicier ones if you want) cut julienne
1 Medium onion sliced julienne
2 Medium carrots cut julienne
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles (can do more if you want)
1/4 cup olive oil
3/4 cup (or more if you’d like) Franks Red Hot Sauce (or your other favorite)
4 Whole wheat sub rolls
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Marinate sliced chicken in 1/2 of the oil, 1/2 the hot sauce and salt and pepper for at least an hour.
- In hot pan add sliced chicken and sauté for 6 – 8 minutes. Add more hot sauce . You can make it as spicy as you want it to be. Remember the chicken is sliced thin so you don’t want to over cook it. Remove from pan
- In hot pan add remaining oil and then the vegetables.
- Saute until onions start to caramelize and veggies are just tender. 7-10 minutes
- Add chicken to pan and continue to cook all items together. An additional 3-4 minutes
- Toss in blue cheese crumbles and serve on toasted roll.